I have renewed my license but still can't update

I renewed my license and got the confirmation email. Lightburn still says my license is expired, and will not allow me to update.

Read the text below the bright red bit:

I have the same issue. Had to uninstall 0.9.17

I renewed my license back in May.

George

Did you renew right after your license expired, or did you wait a really long time first?

I think there was some time in between.

George

This comes up constantly, so we relented and changed our renewal policy just so we’d stop getting the emails. The short version is that until very recently, a renewal was applied to the existing expiry date of your license, regardless of when you actually purchased the renewal.

This was the fairest possible way we could do things - I wanted to reward customers who renewed “on time” instead of rewarding the ones who wait. If you wait a month for a new release, but I renew right away, over time you would gain access to more new features than me, even though we paid the same money, and I didn’t think that was fair.

This was plainly written on the renewal page, and our “how the license works” page, neither of which anyone ever actually reads, so people would blindly renew 6 months after their license expired because a new update came out, then email to complain that for some unknown reason they only got 6 months instead of a year.

We have changed the policy so renewals in the future will apply from the day you renew, and if you renew when the key expires you get extra time, to reward those who support us.

Understood, that all makes sense. My machine was down for several months (bad tube, failed power supply) so I didn’t bother to update.
Should I just pay the $30 to update again? I have a new machine from Lightobject now and don’t anticipate any lengthy downtime.

George

I renewed my license. All good for a long while.

George

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.