I keep getting a "shapes open" warning but I disagree. does anyone have a fix for this?

So I loaded my DXF file as I normally do. I set the layer to “line” and ran the design with no issues.
Once done I was able to remove the masking from my project and spray bomb the desired areas and it turned out really nice. Now I’m trying to run that same design on a 2 color laminate which once lasered
will reveal the bottom (different colored) layer underneath. So I set the layer to “fill” and a warning comes on the screen that says “open shapes skipped Lightburn 0.9.20 shapes set to fill but weren’t closed” When I click “continue anyway” there is obviously something Lightburn does not like because
when I run it through the “monitor” screen the design does not look right. When I click on “show me” it indicates that every single shape is open. I do not understand why I would be getting this warning.
Has anyone out there have any experience with this and possibly a fix for this issue?
Also I even took the draw line option and traced one of the letters in a different color so I knew the shape would be “closed” and tried just running that color layer and got the same warning. I am totally confused at this point as to what could be causing this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you don’t mind posting the file, I or someone else can open it and take a closer look and let you know what the issue is.

1 Like

An open shape is one where the start and end do not meet, or if they do, are not actually connected - kid of like making a closed loop by taking a piece of string and moving the two ends together, but not actually tying them. If can also be multiple shapes that touch - 4 straight lines are not the same to LightBurn as a single, closed rectangle.

Select everything and use Edit > Auto Join selected shapes (Alt+J) and the software will attempt to join everything up.

Thanks. I will try to attach the file as soon as I get home from work today.

Thank you. I will try that as soon as I get home from work today!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.