I keep losing pc in connection with laser after cutting after removing usb cord plug back in it will cut one more time then have to reset again

I keep losing pc in connection with laser after cutting one time, after removing usb cord plug back in it will cut one more time then have to reset again

What laser do you have? Help us help you.

The short answer is that you most likely have a grounding issue. The specific fix will depend on your system.

Thanks Isaac for getting back tome, I have a China 50 W in the blue cabinet with the Ruida 644XG controller and I run win 10 64bts. I do have the cutter and laptop charger in the same electric box on the end of my work table, laser is on a cart. I ran the electric myself and do have it grounded well as I do all my gear to a copper rods outside. I do have the trial version and will think twice about buying the software if I have to reset set the connection after every job.
Joe

If it’s not a grounding issue, it could be interference. Ferrite filter might help.

If the problem is an electrical issue, it will happen regardless of the software used. I just posted a minor patch to the 0.9.00 release - try that to see if it improves anything for you.

Well Oz thank you just made 3 separate cuts from 3 different files and never lost contact with the machine. Great work on the patch. I really didn’t do anything to my ele boxes so let’s hope that was it.

Thanks Eloy didn’t see your comment till now, but looks like the patch worked. And as for using ferrite I buy them by the bag just so I can talk in my Jeep on 40 and 20 meters.:slight_smile:

Joe
W2JFI

1 Like