I'm a LB vet and this damn place got BIG! Bravo, Oz, J , etc

So, I understand the camera is a pain in the cajones and obviously been a nightmare to really nail down. I set mine to the preset 5mp 90 to never have to see those dots again but yet another PITA came along to waste my time that I haven’t figured out. EVERY single time I turn on LB whether I’ve been on for 6 hours and off for 15 minutes… I must do a camera alignment or I just get effed. That camera is SOOOO convenient with such high potential. Its like the red contour on a galvo…almost. So wtf? EVERY time? Tell me I’m missing something. Better yet, what am I doing wrong? Any help that doesnt refer me to the fliopping documentation would be appreciated. LB, J, Oz… killin’ it.

Thank you for the friendly words. I’ll make sure to let the team know. :slight_smile:

How are you made aware new camera alignment is required? I am wanting to understand your workflow. Has the “top of laser bed” changed or been moved since the last time using the camera? This should not be required, so thank you for reporting. A bit more details / information, so we can “see” what may be going on, would be ideal.

Right on. Thanks for the quick response. I’ve realigned, just now so I’m sure I’m due for it to let me know (because update overlay is greyed out or unresponsive w a note…. HOLY SHIZ! I guess we have to wait for nothing. It does this…. In this pic I have an overlay that I just set up for a big job with expensive tastes I was trying to make a mock up for my final “OK” so I can knock out 300 of these. I may still be able to update the overlay but the message you see is what usually shows before I’m unable to update. As of now I’m still good… but obviously the command to align clues you in to a bigger problem. Some pics

Btw…. Bed hasn’t changed and use the same anodized aluminum sheet to align Everytime with new circles and stuff.

Sharing with the team, I got this direct feedback from Oz.

Oz: The calibration values do not drift, the camera does, or where it’s mounted does. So either the camera is moving within the mount, or the mount is moving relative to the work. If the numbers aren’t being saved for some reason, then export / import would presumably work, but the impression I get is that it’s slipping over time, and the only thing that can cause that is physical movement.

Where do you have the camera settings saving? Could you be pointing to some cloud or removable storage location? Asking to see if there might be a timing or block to writing that might be happening?

Right on. Thanks for the quick response. I’ve realigned, just now so I’m sure I’m due for it to let me know (because update overlay is greyed out or unresponsive w a note…. HOLY SHIZ! I guess we have to wait for nothing. It does this…. In this pic I have an overlay that I just set up for a big job with expensive tastes I was trying to make a mock up for my final “OK” so I can knock out 300 of these. I may still be able to update the overlay but the message you see is what usually shows before I’m unable to update. As of now I’m still good… but obviously the command to align clues you in to a bigger problem. P.S. I’ve been replying to the freakin emails and just realized… that don’t fly! That was one response, one more to follow.

So disregard that double post! Dam this gets confusing! Anyway…. This was my last reply that was smashed by email……
Hey! Honestly, I have them saved in several places from different times. I have used the ones saved in my lb prefs folder on C: drive, one’s from my external hard drive (most commonly used for everything) and my camera is mounted in an enclosure where it can not move even with your hands. The mount is held with gorilla glue (clear) and hot glue for a double measure as I’m in Texas and figured hot glue may not cut it alone! When I import prefs the “align camera” sentence doesn’t go away or all my settings change back to some old settings. On a similar and even stranger note… (sorry) there’s times I can have lb open and it shows an old version. I know this because I always have dumb names I name my machines at different times. When I look to my “recent” or whatever work….it’s blank! I use Lightburn several hours a day for my business so it’s obviously not accurate only to go to what I know is the newest version and somehow have 2 Lightburns open. It’s like the shortcut changes. I don’t expect an answer to all of this as some of it seems extremely strange and it is but the camera thing just gets irritating because it’s EVERY time I use lb it tells me to realign and I don’t have the time or the ability if I have something already set in the bed I’m working on and can’t move. I’ll send a pic or 2 but if you have any possibilities or suggestions of exactly how tow or where to save my camera settings I would appreciate it. Thanks for still taking care of us one by one. I know y’all are busier than the first day I started using lb 2 or 3 years ago. Have a good one and tell Jason I appreciate his input as always. Much respect.

Beuller? Has anyone seen Ferris?

Remote or external storage sometimes don’t take. We’ve seen several instances of data loss and file loss on external storage devices, shared directories, or cloud storage. It doesn’t happen consistently so it’s been challenging to track down.

Please switch to a local directory, confirm that the camera files are landing there then retest to see if the unwanted behavior persists.

An old version of what? I’m sorry, I’m not following.

You may want to retest this after switching to Local storage as well.

Newer versions of LightBurn let you do this but there’s a trick to remember.

If you have two LightBurn windows open, It will remember the user preferences (Basically all the settings) from only the last window that you close. So, if you close an old window last, and you didn’t do the camera calibration in that window, you may have wiped it out.

Did you install LightBurn on (or from) your removable drive and a different version on the computer you’re using as well? I attempted to run two different versions of LightBurn and one overwrote the other.

This could be a new symptom attributable to a removable storage device and a second installation of LightBurn on that drive.

Um… He’s sick. My best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it’s pretty serious.

2 Likes

That is AWESOME!!! What a great movie! Well played. The good old days. Looks like we’ve officially dated ourselves, Rick. Tough getting wiser, eh? Okay on a serious note… I just went through all the questions and stuff and the possibilities are so vast, I’ll leave it an anomaly. Texas Bred just went legit. Super stoked, staying busy but learning to pick my battles. Thanks for all the info. If, for some reason you do need more info for you guys sake… I’m happy to help with anything just don’t burden yourself with this bs. I have [plenty of computer problems so I’m sure that’s it. Y’all have a great day and hmu if any questions

[poll type=multiple results=always min=4 max=4 chartType=pie close=2023-08-28T05:30:00.000Z]*
# What motivates you to be willing to tackle laser problems or quite simply, what about lasers drive you?
** Money*
** Fascinated by the technology*
** Its really more of a hobby*
** Passion, I live and love lasers. I’d do it for free*
[/poll]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.