Image shows 4 inches high by 8 wide but when frame the project it cuts in half. Also does this if you run project. Help please

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried on 2 different lasers and it is the same issue. I looked at every setting on my friends lightburn and made sure mine is the same. NO LUCK Please help me.

Itā€™s helpful to include the problem .lbrn2 fileā€¦ In your case, Iā€™d look under the ā€˜Device settingsā€™ to ensure they are proper for your machineā€¦

Although you state ā€˜halfā€™ the size, if itā€™s in inches rather than mm or vice versa that can be an issue, but it doesnā€™t work out, mathematically ā€¦ but check it while you are there.

I canā€™t think of what would cause it to halve the sizeā€¦

:smile_cat:

Loi.lbrn2 (405.9 KB)

It is every file I create. It only cuts the height in half. I was on Inches/mm/min, I changed to Inches/mm, still same issue.

Does it appear ok in the preview?

yes, in preview it is fine.

Iā€™ve kind of exhausted my ideasā€¦ Maybe @berainlb has a clue to help you outā€¦

Hang in thereā€¦

Iā€™d like to make sure I understand the problem.

Are you saying the actual burn is half-height? Or are you saying itā€™s half in both dimensions. So a quarter of the original size?

Can you take a full screenshot of LightBurn with the design loaded and ready to burn? Please have the Cut and Laser windows showing.

You list Jtech as your laser. I assume thatā€™s just the laser module. What controller are you using and how was it configured? Have you calibrated your axes?

I have a jtech on my xcarve. I also have an xtool. It does it on any machine I use, but my friendā€™s laptop lightburn works perfectly fine on my machines.
It only cuts the height in half, I know it is odd.
I have compared all my settings to my friends laptop, they are the same.

Thatā€™s interesting.

Your design shows as 12.3x6.9 inches when brought up. Wonder if thatā€™s part of the issue:

Can you push ā€œSave gcodeā€ in Laser window and save the file with a .txt extension and then upload here?

gcode_notepad.txt (1.1 MB)
I hope this is what you were asking for.

It looks like youā€™ve got rotary mode enabled. Try going to ā€˜Laser Toolsā€™ > ā€˜Rotary Setupā€™ and toggling rotary mode off.

1 Like

THANK YOU!! It worked on a new project. I never noticed on the right that I hit that option. Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.