Is it expected that each layer in a project is working on the same piece of material?

I have one project that consists of 8 layers of cardstock or thin plywood. Once cut, each layer (which have the exact same circular outline) will be stacked together to form an image. To give you an idea, the back layer is solid, the next layer has the setting sun, followed by mountains, mountains again, a couple layers of trees, etc.

Should each layer be a separate Lightburn project (that generates separate g-code for the single layer) - OR - can I create one file with multiple layers (each one corresponding to a layer of material in my project) and generate g-code for the project that will stop in the middle and allow material to be swapped? (or, can Lightburn generate g-code for a single layer of a project?)

I’m not that knowledgeable but I’ve been switching off layers when I burn stuff like this sounds, you can not display them and not cut them with buttons on the right side of the screen, sorry not at my pc to give a better description, but you can turn off all but one layer, then one by one turn them off and on, if you get my meaning

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.