Is there a way to add fonts to LB?

It seems like I have seen in videos that people are using fonts that I don’t have. I figure either I should have spent another $5 to get all the fonts, (kidding, don’t shoot me) or I have not found the way to get them. I have downloaded some fonts in hopes of finding a way to add them to my LB. Is this possible?

I’m pretty sure you install fonts in your computer operating system and the LightBurn application then has access to use them. That’s how I do it on Linux.

1 Like

Add a folder to your main Lightburn folder where you keep the art and .lbrn files, title it ‘Fonts’ and add fonts to that folder. Once you add the fonts close and reopen Lightburn and your fonts will be in the drop down list. It won’t let me add mine here for you but the LAHobbyGuy has fonts to download on his site.

2 Likes

Alright! That is awesome. Thank you for the quick response to this. I am finishing up a realty logo in the morning and hopefully burning the first of many to follow. I really am grateful.

1 Like

Will this be the Exe. folder? I have not done this in 20 years

Thank you, this is showing up after the second reply did. I really needed this and I thank you very much.

No not the exe folder. I have a folder on my desktop that has my Lightburn files in it. I have the following sub folders in there: Art, Fonts, .CLB files, .LBRN Files

My files are just saved in my desktop folder. I am not sure of any other way to set it up. I guess I will need to find a way now hmmm.

Do you have a folder for Lightburn other than your exe folder? If not make one in the desktop folder, it will help to keep files organized and you can add the font folder in there.

The only one I know that is for lightburn is the EXE. So I don’t know how to connect it. I will have to try to address this tomorrow. I have to get some sleep. Super long day here. Thank you again for all the help.

No problem, have a great evening.

1 Like

Any font you add to your computer should be available in Lightburn, just as it would be in other programs like word processors. Single line fonts you need to add to a folder, which you give Lightburn access too. These will also appear in your drop down list.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this info. I can now go get the instructions on adding them to my laptop and that should fix it. Thank you again.

Under Windows, Lightburn uses the fonts that are installed for the Windows system. There are lots to choose from with a standard Windows installation but you can find lots more online for free, just do a Google search.
The font files are installed in the Windows\fonts folder but to install them from a downloaded file you simply right-click on the file and choose install from the drop-down menu and Windows will do the rest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.