Is there a way to Update job after you start it?

Is there a way to Update job after you start it?

I’ve done something similar in that I realized after pressing start that I forgot to add tabs. Hitting stop/escape and editing the file would re-burn the same area. A new feature in the preview window is “start from here” which may be a good choice for your question. Use the scrubber to preview up to the desired location then use the start from here option. The laser will immediately move to that spot and begin the cut or engrave program again.

I’ve used this method to re-burn some flaws in the cut where the laser didn’t make it through, but you have to have your finger on the stop button as there’s no “cut from here to here” feature in the preview window.

There is no way to affect a job that is already running, at least, not from LightBurn itself. If you have a Ruida controller, you can use the control panel on the machine itself to alter power or speed settings. Press Enter while a job is running, then use the arrow keys and enter to advance through the options.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.