Is there any way to permanently defeat this issue?

Hello, I have been using my shapeoko CNC machine for the last 2 weeks to work on CNC projects. I had a need to use my JTech 4.2W laser today and after an update to the latest version of Lightburn, I am having a movement issue.

From the Console after startup:
Waiting for connection…
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
error:9
G-code locked out during alarm or jog state.
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok
Homing
[VER:1.1f.20170131:]
[OPT:VNPR,14,128]
Target buffer size found
ok
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:00
File imported in 144 milliseconds
<Idle|WPos:456.000,412.000,-3.000|FS:0,0|WCO:-459.000,-415.000,0.000>
ok
<Idle|WPos:456.000,412.000,-3.000|FS:0,0|Ov:100,100,100>
ok
Starting stream
Stream completed in 0:00
ok
ALARM:3
Reset while in motion. Grbl cannot guarantee position. Lost steps are likely. Re-homing is highly recommended.
Grbl 1.1f [’$’ for help]
[MSG:’$H’|’$X’ to unlock]
[MSG:Caution: Unlocked]
ok

I did not try and reset anything while the machine is in motion and I don’t understand the source of that error message.

The macro I run after I have used the CNC aspect of my machine is the following: The laser has worked well previously and I have owned the whole CNC and Laser combination machine since October 2020.

I have tried switching everything off, moving the z axis to all of the hard limits manually and reinitialising the computer and software. I have the latest version of Lightburn software running in macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

Please can you help me. I need some assistance in understanding how to get my laser moving correctly.

Using the move tab, I can tell you that the [Home] button works as expected.
:arrow_down: button moves the Z axis left. (-X)
:arrow_left: button moves the Z axis down (-Y)
:arrow_up: button moves the Z axis left and down simultaneously (-X & -Y together)
:arrow_right: button moves the Z axis left and down simultaneously (-X & -Y together)

Any assistance will be very much appreciated. I have run the start-up sequence 4 times now and each time generates the alarm message.

resolved… my fault. Must remember to keep the work are constant and not make it the workpiece size. :roll_eyes:

I want to switch the (AWC 708C) motherboard to (RDC6442S-B EC). How do I do that?
Which method should I use for cable?

You are jumping in on a completely unrelated post. Please don’t do that.

You are asking about swapping out your motion control system and jumping into a post in the “Getting Started / Common Problems” section. These sections are intended for the new and first time users of our software, LightBurn. Controller swaps are not a simple project and are not related, so you will not get the responses you might expect posting like this.

You should post this in the “Hardware / Ruida” section where you might get the more focused and technical responses required to successfully swap a motion control system and retain a working system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.