Issue connecting Lightburn to new Laser Omtech 100w (red)

Hello,
I purchased an Omtech 100w 2028 laser and am trying to get it to work with the Lightburn software. Unfortunately, upon trying to active the air-assist function am having issue when trying to make chages to allow the air assist feature. I can see that it is correctly seeing the laser/com port as it is in the “READY” stage, yet upon going to EDIT then MACHINE SETTINGS, a message of “failed communication” is showing. I believe that maybe I do not have a driver for the Ruida 644xg or software is not allowing the download of it. Can someone please help??
Thanks!

Rafael, wecome to the forum…

How do you connect to the Ruida, usb or Ethernet?

If you can I’d run Ethernet, much more dependable and doesn’t have ‘driver’ issues, since it’s just a network connection.

You might have to install a driver for your machine…

Check this post … it should have asked during the install…

If you are connected via Ethernet you should see it from your network. If usb is should show in the device list under usb devices.

:smile_cat:

Thank you Jack…let me try the ethernet way and see if it works. BTW what driver do you think I might have to install?

I have no real windows machine to play with… All of mine run some version of Linux.

You cannot just plug in the laser to your pc via an Ethernet connection. The Ruida is a static device (doesn’t use DHCP to get an address from the host).

The best way is via the local network. It should plug into your existing network. The only issue is your router or dhcp device has to know you have a static device there or it could assign that ip to another device.

It’s pretty simple on my linksys… click on the lasers icon on the linksys map of devices and it will assign that mac address to the lasers ip.

Probably too much information. Pick the way you want to do it and we’ll work on that.

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.