Issue with update 09.02 - Overlay missing every time you switch files

Windows 10
LightBurn 09.02

Did the update.

Every time when I switch between files, the photo of the current overlay goes from the photo of the bed to a white blank screen. You have to now “update overlay” to get the image of your bed to show up.

Is there a setting to let me change it back to how it was in the older version?

A lot of the times, I am opening up lightburn files to grab images and it has to be done everytime you leave a file that is saved.

Can you clarify “switch between files”?

Opening up another LightBurn file to grab a image that I need to cut. Copy it - then go back to my “Daily Work Flow” file that I use to gang up jobs.

Make sense?

Anyway to revert back to the old version???

I can’t win - This was changed specifically because a number of users complained that the backdrop was being left behind when they switched to a new file. No good deed goes unpunished.

That said, updating the overlay is a lot quicker now with the capture button on the main toolbar:

1 Like

Gotcha.

What’s the best way to go back to the old version?

I can’t win - This was changed specifically because a number of users complained that the backdrop was being left behind when they switched to a new file. No good deed goes unpunished.

When in doubt, add a setting…

My programs usually have a large bunch of settings. Then, they have a much larger bunch of settings that most users won’t ever care about, including stuff like debug settings, which can be changed through an ini file. Occasionally, I put them under an “advanced” tab as well.

Not saying that this is the right way to do, but it’s an option.

The best way is not to. :slight_smile: (grumble grumble…) Here’s the version archive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j8Z0gfKS0ert7n0qnN05W5aimU6Fontm