Issues launching Lightburn 9.20

Hello,
New to LightBurn but had successfully run the demo in the past.
I’m running Windows 10, 64bit Pro. After downloading and installing, the program refuses to launch.
I see it running in Task Manager but I don’t get a console window. I had a newer version of Visual C++ running than what the installer was trying to install but even after removing that and re-installing, LB will not launch. Any ideas? It was installed as administrator and also launched as administrator.

Try running while holding the Shift key. Did you possibly switch from running multiple monitors to running a single one? Is it possible that it’s just opening off the screen? It checks for this, but if it’s launching right at the border of one screen it might not detect that the rest of the window can’t be seen.

It’s a good call, I am running multiple monitors. Let me check to see if that is the issue.
Well, unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I don’t see it on any of the monitors.
I had pinned it to the task bar and even when holding the shift, it runs as a service but doesn’t display the console.

I have no idea what you mean by “runs it as a service but doesn’t display the console”.

LightBurn never runs “as a service” and I assume you mean “the main window”, not “console”? I’m verifying because there is actually a console window in LightBurn and if that’s the only thing not coming up for you, that would be a different problem.

Ok, I should clarify, it runs in Program Manger but the “main window” never displays. Semantics I know, but like I said, I’m new to LightBurn. Each time the application is clicked, it re-launches a new version in Program Manager. So it’s really the main window that is not displaying on the screen. The program itself is apparently running.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.