Issues moving laser to side of selection

I’ve been using LightBurn with my K40 and C3D board for some time now and up until recently, the option to move the laser to a side of the selection has worked fine.
Now when I choose “Move laser to left of selection” for example it will move to the left of the selection but also goes all the way to the bottom of the workspace. If I choose to move the laser to the top of the selection it goes to the top but also all the way to the left of the workspace.
My version is 0.9.16 and it started happening before I updated to this version.
Here’s a short clip of what’s happening. https://imgur.com/a/BV1IdBY

No one has any info on this?

Sorry - I read this and started looking into it, then got pulled onto something else, and never went back to it. I’ll take a look.

1 Like

I’ve just tried this with the current build I have, and it’s doing what it’s supposed to, so it’s possible this is something specific to your system.

Can you turn on ‘Show All’ in the console and try doing a ‘Move to left of selection’ and copy the output you see in the console here?

On mine (using GRBL) I get this:

?
<Idle|MPos:107.000,90.325,0.000|FS:0,0|WCO:0.000,0.000,0.000>
ok

That part is where it asks the controller where it is, and gets back 107 X and 90.325 Y. The Y part is used in the next command issued:

Starting stream
G21 G54
G90
G1 X29 Y90.32 F3000 S0
G90
M2

Here it issues the move to X29 Y90.32

1 Like

I appreciate the response. I powered on my laser and was having a “grinding” issue when it would try to home so I needed to troubleshoot that first and found during that process that my bed size wasn’t as large as it should be in Lightburn. I jogged the head across the bed to get the exact size and went through the device setup prompts again to change the X size. After making that change I went to do the steps you provided but it’s not doing what it was doing before. :confounded:
I’m not sure if going through the setup under “Device List” but that’s literally the only thing I changed from the last time I had this issue.

Not sure what could have made it do this but hopefully it won’t happen again.

If your machine wasn’t properly homed when using it before, that could easily have done weird things, so that’s likely what it was.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.