K40 Axis co-ords setup

Hi, having a problem getting my K40 mini with mini gerbil setup. I was having a problem with it not homing to the top left correctly. A lot of the time it would track to the left but hit the mid point on the x rail and judder then stop. I tried to correct it with axis co-ords but have well and truely got myself in a fix. I have attached a pic of the start up comments on the consol!

GRBL errors:

• ALARM:8 : Homing fail. Cycle failed to clear limit switch when pulling off. Try increasing pull-off setting or check wiring.
  • error:9: G-code locked out during alarm or jog state

Your homing isn’t working - Either it’s not detecting the switches, or something is failing when it’s trying pull back off them again. My guess is that you don’t have the homing switches wired properly. Check with Awesome Tech for guidance there - I don’t know the Gerbil boards well.

Hi Oz, thanks for the reply, the machine has been working ok for a couple of days except for the homing problem but I tried to change from positive coords to negative and thats when the problem started, it was something I did with my pork sausage fingers and my lack of
code skills after reading help files. I’ll try Awesome tech. cheers

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.