Keeping LB Later Settings with a file

We have a HL 1000 at our Makerspace, and we use Lightburn to drive it. When people bring in their LB files to be cut - how do we keep their Laser Settings (Speed/Power etc), and not read the setting of the last project cut in the machine?

Shuswap Pat

Settings saved with the project file are always retained. So there should be nothing required to get the behavior you’re describing.

You asking this seems to imply that’s not the behavior you’re getting. If so, can you elaborate?

From a previous thread I recall reading:
Click the blue link for the full read.

Lets say ‘John’ just ran a file an his Layer 01 was 30 Speed and 50 Power. I come in with the file I created on another computer, that have different Speed/Power settings - it seems to default to the last setting ( what ‘John’ had set.
Is it not possible to make sure when my file is loaded, it clears all other settings, and just uses mine. Otherwise I have to go through them all and double check MINE are corect.

Pat

This should not occur.

How are you opening your file? Are you using File->Open or double-clicking the file in Explorer? Either of those options should open the file.

If you are not saving to a .lbrn file or otherwise importing then this could cause the symptoms you’re describing.

It will always use your settings for any layer defined in the project. It’s possible that other layers not yet used in your project will default to last used settings.

The other possibility is that the units you are using at home are different than the units set at the target computer. So the values might look different but the absolute speeds should be the same.

If you’re absolutely certain this is happening to you can you upload a sample .lbrn file where this is true. Make note of what you think the settings should be. I’ll open here and take a screenshot of the settings.

To reformulate a bit what the others said, ensure you transport a .lbrn or a .lbrn2 file, not a .svg, .pdf or .dxf file (or similar format).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.