Keeps Inverting when laser burns, any help?

When I preview dose it corret but when it burns it inverts everything, iI have unistalled program and reinstalled, still same problem, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Bob…

Most people have problems with the configuration. The concept of this is very simple, unfortunately there are lots of settings that can be modified.

I’m sure what’s happening with your setup is that you have the ‘Origin’ set incorrectly for your machine/software.

I don’t know where you machine ‘homes’. It will be in one corner of the machine. It’s not an option for the user, so it must be set correctly in Lightburn ‘Edit → Device Settings’ so the software knows what quadrant you are operating within.

All machines home at the red arrow within the coordinate system.

A machine that homes in the rear/left is operating in quadrant IV

quadrant-iv

Homing in the rear/right operation is in quadrant III.

quadrant-iii-home

If your machine homes back/left (quadrant IV) and your software is set for back/right the image/design will be ‘mirrored’ across the bisecting axes. It will be right on one, but mirrored on the other.

Make sense?

Might want to check out lightburns documentation on the coordinate and job origin.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

The starting position is in the wrong quadrant.

Did that fix it?

Was I too long winded?

:smile_cat:

no and it also a mirror image

This is worth review: https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/DeviceSettings.html

Origin

This is the origin corner or 0,0 location for your laser. If you have a GCode based system, this is almost always at the front left, regardless of the location of your limit switches.

If you have a DSP laser, like Ruida or Trocen, the origin is usually where the limit switches are placed, and will be the corner the laser seeks when powered up.

If your laser output is mirrored horizontally or vertically, move the dot to the opposite corner, horizontally or vertically, depending on the direction that the output is mirrored, and that will correct it.

And, Coordinates & Origin - LightBurn Software Documentation :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.