Laser burning through wood

I am using lightburn with my 5.5 diobe laser. When I power on it is burning through the wood. Is there a way to lower the power, I have changed out the laser and control board

When you power it on LightBurn probably hasn’t even started talking to it yet - it would be on the controller side itself, either the firmware or the wiring.

1 Like

Thank you will check to ensure firmware updated wiring seems to be good

Firmware appears to be up to date I have a woodpecker control board. Head banging against a wall to fix

Hey Brian, from my experience, head banging is only fun if one does it to some really good rock music. :slight_smile:

You say that your firmware “appears to be up to date”. What firmware and version of it are you using to drive your system? What are your grbl settings?

Have you tried to communicate with your controller with the diode laser Off? A bit more detailed information about what you have tried, and the results, will better help us help you.

Haha I was listening to some too…I figured it out $30 was at 1000 and should have been 255

Nice! (on the music side) Glad you got it sorted.

As an FYI, the $30 value can be set either in your firmware to match LightBurn, or in the LightBurn device settings (S Max) to match your GRBL setting.

Hi, I cant remember how i came about this thread… anyway this is normal behavior of GRBL.
if you are using an eleks board you can add a pull down resistor. See ling below. Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.