Laser burns during rapid movement

Machine: second hand Red/black laser. 60w.
controller: Ruida
software: lightburn

Fault:
When doing a rapid movement the laser stays on. I can cut out shapes correctly, I can engrave text correctly, but it seems to burn a line during the rapid movements.

Further clarification:
if I engrave the word “TEST”. It will engrave each letter correctly, but as it moves between each letter (the rapid movement), the laser will burn a line.

Already tried:

• replacing the power supply as per other solutions found online
  • I found solutions for this problem for those with GRBL controllers ($32=1) but I have ruida controller. I do not know how to fix this.

Main question:

• could it be a setting that I need to change in lightburn??
  • could there be a setting I need to do with ruida?

My skills:
basic. I am new to laser. And new to lightburn, and new to ruida.

Other notes:
The power supply for the laser was poorly installed when I got it. Only 2 screws out of 4 holding it in place.

I highly suspect that it was not wired correctly when it was installed.
Some photos I found on google, shows a bridge between the first 2 connectors. (maybe TH, TL)
My machine does not have a bridge. Reluctant to try randomly without more information.

It would help to see photos of the wiring of the laser power supply, from people with identical machines.

If you made it this far? Thanks.

Check the connections between the Ruida and the power supply. They should be:

Ruida Supply
L-ON TL
L-PWM IN
G G

By default, Ruida uses an active-low signal to fire the laser, which would connect to TL on the supply. There is a setting in the laser area of the Machine Settings (near the bottom) that sets whether it’s active high or active low.

Someone else posted this on FB - not sure if you have the skill to handle this, but it’s another possible option:

Thankyou. I used the multimeter to test those connection, and they were the same as above.

I will checkout those links.
Cheers.

A guy on reddit, found the answer. Its “Changed the tube type to setting to RF and it worked”

Guys, im just really happy for the help. And I am really glad someone verified the correct connections as that is one less worry.

Thanks all.

For a CO2 tube, that’s not the correct way to do that. RF tubes don’t have a separate ‘Fire’ input, they just have a power level, so that’s why changing to the RF setting “works”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.