Laser does not come on with start command

The laser moves but it doesn’t burn / turn on. Only the red dot shows. I have a Thunder nova 51-130 with a Ruida 644 controller.

Is this a glass tube or metal tube (rf) machine?

Try sending the file, then running it from the console.

There is some differences between a 6442 and a 6445 controller… might want to correct/fix that in your profile. It’s nice at this end to have details :face_with_spiral_eyes:

:smile_cat:

The controller is called: Ruida 644XGIG
The tube is glass.

Also, about 1/3 of the time lightburn won’t talk to the Thunder. I have to shut the machine off and reconnect to lightburn.

I don’t know if the two issues are related.

Thanks for your help!
Kristine

Oh, I tried from the console and the laser still did not come on (it moved, but no laser burn)

Thanks for the controller information… not sure if I’ve see an XGIG… oh well.

Is this a new issue?

You need to give me more to work with… history, never worked, just quit working, middle of a job or when powered up ?

Are you usb or Ethernet?

Can you see the image to be engraved on the Ruida screen? I would assume this is yes …

You say, when you run it, it appears to work but no laser?

Does your machine have a visible indicator as to when it’s supposed to lase? The lps in the electronics cabinet sometimes has one.

Do you know how to use a voltmeter?

Is this a new issue?

Our machine is new. We’ve only been using it for a week, so we’re still learning.

You need to give me more to work with… history, never worked, just quit working, middle of a job or when powered up ?

For example: This morning I did 2 burns - they were fine. I started on the next one and the laser moved but didn’t burn. (In between I had to shut down and restart because lightburn disconnected from the Thunder)

Are you usb or Ethernet?

Can you see the image to be engraved on the Ruida screen? I would assume this is yes …

Yes.

Yes

Does your machine have a visible indicator as to when it’s supposed to lase? The lps in the electronics cabinet sometimes has one.

Not sure

Um, nope. I don’t know what it is.

Is this a new issue?

It’s been happening since we got the machine.

It happens when I send a new job. The machine has been powered up.

Are you usb or Ethernet?
USB

I’d ask your vendor for help. This doesn’t appear to be any kind of software issue.