Laser doesn’t burn through all lines

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with a problem. I have no experience whatsoever with the software or lasers in general, so sorry in advance if I might ask a silly question…

I tried to cut out a letter, but the shape is cut through only on some parts of the line. I tried doing 3, 5 and 7 runs - it burns the already cut parts of the line deeper, but not the other parts (hope this is understandable)
I use a sainsmart 3018-PrROVer with a 5.5 watt laser also from sainsmart.
I took pics of what the results look like and also of the GRBL settings.
The speed is set to 1000 and 90% power.
Thanks for any help :blush::four_leaf_clover:

I imaging it might be something to do with acceleration and speed on the curves. Have you tried slowing the speed down by 50% and going from there? your acceleration numbers are very small $120, 121. That would cause the laser power to be reduced a lot for corners. You could try upping them to say 400.

Cheers

David

2 Likes

Hi David,
thank you so much for you for your help! Sorry for my late reply, but I didn’t get to try it until now. It really helped me out and for the burn through I also reduced the speed in the cut settings to 100 and then it worked. But the $120 and $121 settings stopped the different burn patterns in the curves.
Have a great day and thanks again,
Martin

1 Like

Great news Martin, glad it worked for you.

Cheers

David

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.