Laser don't move any more

Hello together
I am new to laser engraving.
Today I got my Ortur LaserMaster 7W.
So assembled, drivers and software installed and LightBurn started.
At first everything went wonderfully. I activated the laser point and was able to move the laser around the work surface without any problems.
Then I tried to start the first job. Set the speed and laser strength, set the starting point and click start.
The laser worked perfectly, but I had chosen a power that was too low. So I stopped the job with Click Stop.
From this point on, the laser could no longer be moved.
It goes into the home position when you restart, but that’s about it.
When I click on the work surface to move the laser there nothing happens, only the following message appears in the console:

ok
Auf Verbindung warten …
Auf Verbindung warten …
ok
Homing
ok
Stream wird gestartet
ALARM:2
Auf oder in der Nähe der Linie 2:
Stream fertiggestellt in 0:00
[MSG:Reset to continue]

I’ve tried everything, reinstalled the program, deleted the prefs.ini files, reconfigured the laser - nothing helped.

I found the mistake.
It was the same problem as with Sara Guntli on September 23rd.
When I started it for the first time, I had the program search for the laser. Then GRBL came up, but after confirmation there is still a choice: X-Carve or Shapeoko.
Since I didn’t know Shapeoko at all, I chose X-Carve.
That was the same mistake Sara made. Why this persisted even after manually selecting the right laser (RGBL) is a mystery to me.
Only after resetting in the console was the error corrected and the laser working properly again.

Shapeoko and X-Carve machines are both CNC machines that people routinely add lasers to. You have neither of them, so you should choose “Other”. Once you have applied the offset that is set up by the macro it creates, the offset is remembered by the controller, even after power cycling it. You just have to enter a command to clear the offset, but we would need to have worked out that it what happened first.

The next release of LightBurn knows the working size of the XCarve and Shapeoko machines, and will only present that option if you have a machine that potentially matches. The Ortur won’t, so it shouldn’t happen any more.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.