Laser head moves exactly right but laser fires as though it is on rotary

The install of a Cohesion3D Laserboard went well. The laser head frames, and moves exactly according to Lightburn files but the laser power only fires as though it is on rotary. The first photo has the geometries to test the laser. The second photo has the results. On the hexagon and square the laser only fires along the Y axis at the top of each, not along the Y axis at the bottom, on the circle the laser fires for a very short distance at the top of the circle. The rotary is absolutely not enabled. Even at 20% the laser power is good, cutting about 1/8" into the underlying plywood. Where is the problem?

I posted pretty much this same post to the C3D forum because I am not even sure where to look for the problem.

On most of these the rotary is the Y axes. It might help to see the .lbrn2 file.
Since the circle works, there must be something else in the project.

:smiley_cat:

Enclosed is the lbrn2 file. Geometric shapes.lbrn2 (9.0 KB)
Thank you for looking at it. George Knoll

I didn’t see anything in your file that should be an issue. The only layer is pretty simple with no real options enabled…

You do have ‘cut selected graphics’ on, so only the ‘selected’ items will be sent. Might want to disable that and see if there are other issues.

I’m trying to come up with something that may help you. It is along the X axis it’s firing. I see no evidence of the vertical or horizontal line leaving anything.

:smiley_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.