Laser issues when moving from MPC6515C + MYJG100W

**COVID related remote setup of my fathers laser

We have been making the first intended marks with the laser today a system from the defunkt import company “just add sharks”, a 900 x 600 mm machine with the Leetro controller and the MYJG100W laser controller.

I had a lot of trouble getting it working, and not all related to shouting down the phone to my father explaining that “ground” is “GND”…

The wiring from the MYJG100W was
pin 13 -> laser low enabled
pin 11 -> laser PWM control
gnd -> gnd
and I was able to leave all the interlock connections in place from the MPC wiring.

The issues we were having was that the laser would start and not turn off (grbl was in laser mode). I enabled the line in the config something like “use dir pin as enable”, no luck. What I was able to work out was that the power was inverted (I set it to run at 100% power and the laser turned off), that S0 would be 100% and S1000 would be off. My fix was to edit the spindle.c so that the “writespeed (pwm)” would instead write “255 - pwm” thus inverting it. This not only fixed the power scaling but also stopped the laser idle on (which makes sense it was being set to S0 i.e. 100% power).

So it works, and I am happy enough that I got there. I am partially posting this just in case anyone else has this issue, however I am also semi hopeful someone will point out any setup mistake I have made that could have resulted in this inverted spindle speed.

All things considered Lightburn is so much better than Lasercut and I am excited to start playing!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.