Laser lightburn 0.9.18 busy? preventing operation of laser

Framing speed, jog speed, etc are all set by the ‘Speed’ value in the Move window here:

You said you “tried to increase the laser power and now the head will not move” - What did you change to try to increase the laser power?

When you click something and it tries to start, do you get any messages of any kind in the Console window? If there are errors, they’ll be shown there.

You asked – What did you change/
I changed the power options and then clicked on speed. Then tried to burn the same picture. resulting in the unit stopped working. I tried to change back to the first settings that had worked before. Then the problems really started. Is it possible that clicking one thing changes other settings somewhere else in the software? If that is possible — is there a reset somewhere ?

If you just changed a setting in the Cut Settings window in LightBurn, that would not change anything else, and wouldn’t make the machine stop working - it’s likely a timing coincidence.

You can reset the controller settings by typing RST=* and pressing enter in the console. In LightBurn’s cut setting editor, you can click the ‘Reset to Defaults’ button at the bottom to reset those.

Right now I’m uninstalling the program to reinstall hoping that will reset back to factory default and start the process over.

Reinstalling worked to wake it up. Now I need to slow down the laser head and increase the laser power since it goes through the motions but does not burn — Just shines the light on the work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.