Laser master 2 pro rotary setup problems

Hi everyone…i really need help,dont know what to do.
So,i have LM2 pro,with rotary…yestrday i decided to try the rotary ,found the video,followed the steps but no luck.So,when i change soft limit and home function in machine settings to false ,and then turn off the laser to connect rotary,after starting it again it doesnt work.Red light is blinking,in light burn i get message saying homing cycle not complete ,and when i try to do anything with the laser i get error 9,near line 0, G-code locked during alarm or jog state.Nothing helps,until i go back to machine settings and revert soft limits and home back to true.I’ve seen,and read that people turn off soft limit and home and laser works normally,but mine wont.Any ideas?

A similar question was asked earlier today.

Please review this post and try the remedy.

My frimware is 1.85…and i see there is 1.87…any way that should not be the problem since i dont have any problems reverting settings,or infact any problems at all with my laser.Everything is working just fine until i go and tick off soft limit and autohome.Then the laser sends an error and is blinking red.Only issue that i had with laser was when i just bought it and could not start it because of the fire alarm keeps coming on.I disabled alarm and that was it.

I’m confused. Are you having an issue after using a rotary and reverting changes in Machine Settings or not?

Did you read the attached topic carefully?

The solution to the problem is to issue this command in console:
$RST=*

Additionally, you should consider updating the firmware so that reverting these changes in machines settings doesn’t put you in you this condition.

No,i can not use the rotary at all.Been trying the hole day yestrday.I go to machine sett…tick off soft limit and auto home,and to device and tick off homing in light burn.I then turn off the laser,connect the rotary to Y axis,and when i try to power up the laser nothing.Red light is blinking and i get that error.I need to disconect the rotary and revert evrrything to default and its working again.

Was this working earlier? Or this is a new unit?

Did you go through rotary setup?

Take a screenshot of LightBurn while this is happening please.

Its a new unit.I did go through rotary setup,but did use it since i cant turn off autohome funcition.Will post pictures from light

1 Like

Ok,so update.Same problem is still happening.When i tick of soft limit and auto home it wont run.Found this code $X…when i put that in says its unlocked and i can use the laser,until i turn it off and on again.Then i need to do same thing again.Here a the pics with soft limit and auto home turned off,and starting laser,and trying to move the laser.

Anytime you can modify something, make a backup of the item in it’s pristine state so when things go really wrong there is a stable recovery process.

These rotary installation guides should advise the user to save the configuration before it’s modified or have one on the ‘memory stick’ that comes with the machine… Of course that costs money…

My assumption is that you did not save the original configuration…

Maybe someone can supply it from their machine.

Anytime it says ‘G-code locked out’ you will have to send it a $X to get control back.

If your machine work before, I’d stay away from firmware updates, unless there is a known issue or reason. It’s an easy way to brick the controller. It’s not as bad as it used to be… :crazy_face:

Good luck…

:smiley_cat:

I have saved original configuratiin…the problem is not at reverting to defaults…the problem is that the laser doesnt work with softlimits and autohome turned off…but i can now overwrite this with that command,and was able to engrave tumbler and a glass…and when i go back to defaults there is no problem…so for now i will use rotary in that way

1 Like

Did you turn off “Auto-home on startup” in Device Settings?

Yes ,i turned that off also.Did everything as in tutorials.Still laser sends error when all of that is turned off…i can bypass that by using $X…and then use the laser,but still curious why i get that error.

1 Like

Consider upgrading the firmware. There have been some updates to alarm sensitivity. Not sure if any intended for this particular case but probably good to update anyway.

I think you have a configuration problem. However Ortur lasers do have their idiosyncrasies.

It is attempting to home. With a rotary there is no limit, so it can’t home properly.

Suggest you post the a screen shot of the ‘Edit → Machine settings’ and let us see how it’s configured.

:smiley_cat:

Wont upgrade the frimware yet,machine is working perfectly and dont wont to mess with that for now.First i will try to resolve this some other way.

Ok…i will post the picture in an hour or so…in mean time this is what ortur tech support have sent me…not sure if i understand very well ,but will try somthing with that

Gil is @OrturTech on this site and is often here.

He’s saying it’s normal for the laser to be locked when not homed. And the steps for unlocking.

Its normal?And the steps for unlock is what?To use that code or something else?

Unlock command is $X as you discovered. Apparently pushing Stop in LightBurn is also unlock but should send the same command.

There are plenty of times where locking the controller is normal and expected and would require an unlock. What I don’t recall is if this specific error condition would be raised for this particular scenario.

Ok…will use the laser that way then when im working with rotary.I think that when ortur have rotary as an addon ,it should work without such problems,and some instrucional videos from them would also be helpful.
Anyway ,thank you all for the help you provided,it was really anoying not been able to use the rotary.
Thanks again.