Laser Mode $$ problem

(2) Common Diode Laser Issues & How To Troubleshoot Them - YouTube

Bei 3:55 wird es erklärt doch funktioniert das bei mir so nicht.

At 3:55 it is explained but it does not work for me.

Ich habe jetzt schon öfters gelesen das man in der konsole den laser mode einstellen muss.
Mit $$ komme ich bei mir in der konsole aber nicht weit weil der den befehl nicht erkennt
gibt es noch eine ander möglichkeit den lasermodus zu wechseln?

I have already read several times now that you have to set the laser mode in the console.
With $$ I get with me in the console but not far because the command does not recognize the command.
is there another way to change the laser mode?

Laser mode there is an option in GRBL, not Marlin. Normally in Marlin you solve this by picking the appropriate Laser Control Command for your particular setup:

In the mode, the laser unfortunately does not fire but only moves

Have you tried using M03/M05?

Looks to me like most laser features are not enabled by default in Knutwurst.

Here’s an extract from Configuration_adv.h

/**

• Spindle & Laser control
  • Add the M3, M4, and M5 commands to turn the spindle/laser on and off, and
  • to set spindle speed, spindle direction, and laser power.
  • SuperPid is a router/spindle speed controller used in the CNC milling community.
  • Marlin can be used to turn the spindle on and off. It can also be used to set
  • the spindle speed from 5,000 to 30,000 RPM.
  • You’ll need to select a pin for the ON/OFF function and optionally choose a 0-5V
  • hardware PWM pin for the speed control and a pin for the rotation direction.
  • See https://marlinfw.org/docs/configuration/laser_spindle.html for more config details.
    */
    //#define SPINDLE_FEATURE

#if ENABLED(KNUTWURST_MEGA_P)
#define LASER_FEATURE

#define SPINDLE_LASER_ENA_PIN 40 // D40 should be unused. The laser is only connected to the PWM output.
#define SPINDLE_LASER_PWM_PIN HEATER_0_PIN
#endif

Note how the SPINDLE_FEATURE is commented out.

You should confirm with people that are more familiar with the firmware but looks to me like you’d have to do a custom build of the firmware for laser functionality to work.

I saw a similar section for M106 functionality.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.