Laser Not Found Mac OS

Trying to connect my 80W Omtech with Ruida controller to Lightburn running on my Macbook Pro. It does not automatically find it and the Ruida controller is not on the list when trying to connect manually unless it has another name. I’ve read here there may be missing drivers and to install the software that came with the machine, but that software is NOT Mac compatible so not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciate. Thanks!

“Connect manually.” USB or ethernet? It makes a difference in what help you need. I have a MacBook Pro M1 Mac and can connect USB and ethernet.

I am trying to connect with USB. When I try “Find my Laser” I get nothing. When I try to setup manually in Lightburn the controller is not listed in the software.

I found out I need to upgrade my lightburn which I have and now I do have RUIDA on the list when trying to setup manually, however I go through all of the steps and the laser still is not connecting

Results

There are numerous entries in this forum about problems connecting with USB and a Mac. I suggest you research here how to connect with ethernet to see if that works.

I did try that but no luck. After a ton of searching I found an article about missing drivers. Installed a few and one finally worked.

Great, glad you have a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.