Laser not recognizing y axis is in rotary mode

Having trouble with my rotary chuck tool on my laser and the lightburn software. So I’ve used it many times before with no issues. Would plug in the rotary y axis, set position to “current position”, enable the rotary and frame the job and engrave with no problems. Last time I used the rotary someone else disconnected it, anyway I’ve gone to use it again and when I do all my normal setup steps and enable the rotary, when I frame the image it rotates the cup four or five times at a high speed like it’s not recognizing that the y axis is in “rotary enabled” mode. I know it’s not recognizing it because when I choose the rotate the y axis on my own the cup will rotate many more rotations than it should be able to travel. My controller reads successfully and I have never touched “steps per rotation and circumference” settings ever for all the jobs I’ve done.

Any help would be appreciated

Do you set it from the main display, or in the ‘Rotary Setup’ menu? In the main display it’s possible for the value to be shown incorrectly, depending on whether you power your laser before you launch LightBurn or not.

I set it up from the rotary enable setup screen. However after some playing around I found the step per rotation was thrown way off somehow. Adjusted it and that seemed to fix the issue.

Thanks for the response tho.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.