Laser OMtech 100W Rudia USB-C to USB

Hello Guys,
i try to run a OMtech 100W via USB-C to USB. Connection dosent work.
Also “find my laser” cant find the laser. When i use a docking-station it work the the normal USB-USB cable.

Can’t really help with the USB issue except to suggest you dump it for Ethernet if at all possible. There seems to be a lot of issues with the Macs and USB. Don’t have one, so can’t tell you exactly.

There is the Lightburn Pi Bridge that works well…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

1 Like

I see. Yes i like to order the bridge but it is sold out i think. :sweat_smile:

I had a Pi 3B that I used for mine. I have always just ‘picked up a pi’ on the internet, but it appears they have been hit with the chip shortage/shipping issue along with everything else. I also have the camera going through it via a ‘hack’

I used

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GS211V9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Until I got the bridge up. It works as a ‘wireless bridge’ but doesn’t have the Lightburn code layer especially for the Ruida, which is superior. However it worked fine. Cheap interim solution.

Good luck

1 Like

That sounds great! I also ask my self if it works to set up the cam with the bridge.
Thank you!!

The camera add on is only a ‘hack’ for the Lightburn Pi Bridge. The ‘hack’ is not supported by Lightburn, but I’ve been running it a while.

The TP-Link bridge won’t let you run the camera, as far as I know. It takes other software to deal with the video stream.

Take care…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.