Laser Power setting controlls

I just purchased a K40 laser, and upgraded the control board with a
Cohesion 3d laser board.
I understand that the board controls the x, y, z movement of the laser…

My question is, without setting the power on the machine itself, Can i change the power with the software ?

In other words, without stopping the machine to change the power setting for another cut or pass, can i automatically set it and let the machine run thru its course…
Thank you in advance for your help

You cannot change the parameters of the file being transmitted without stopping it and re-sending.

When you click ‘Start’ in LightBurn, the entire job is converted into GCode, ready for the machine, and stored in a buffer in memory while being sent to the machine. Nothing you change in the design from then on will affect what is being sent to the machine.

There is a different, more fundamental interpretation of the question which is “Can the C3D board control laser power from software?” and the answer is yes. This is mentioned in the marketing on the website and described in detail in a number of articles on the C3D Knowledgebase.

thNK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE…IAM NEW TO ALL THIS…
I’M 74 NAVY VET TRYING TO LEARN A NEW TRADE TO MAKE ENDS MEET.
AGAIN THANK YOU

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.