Laser skipping second line

Hi guys,

I’m having an issue where anything I engrave has the second line missing. I can remedy it by changing scan angle to 180° (scan top to bottom) but want to keep it zero for air assist reasons. The pic I’ve attached shows what I mean. The example on the left shows the second line missing but the test I ran to the right I added a small dot just underneath (which has the second line missing) . No other lines skipped anywhere but the second line. Anything in the settings I can try? Any help would be great

This is very interesting.
Which Ruida controller is operating your OMTech engraver?

Which version of LightBurn are you running?

Which Windows OS(or linux?) are you running on your MSI computer?

With the scan angle at Zero is the blank line placed identically each time?

Hi John,

I’m running lightburn 1.2.01, Windows 10 and it’s a Ruida KT332N.

Yeah it’s the exact same missing line everytime with 0 degree scan angle and that’s regardless of file, placement or speed settings. I initially thought that the laser was firing too early and adding a line so tried a start delay but then had a closer look and noticed that’s its actually skipping/missing a line. It’s happened all of a sudden and I haven’t a clue why. I’ve attached another pic so you can see it more clearly.

Thnaks for the reply

Anyone know if this is more likely a hardware issue?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.