Laser to Software

Hi Rick,

I’m having issues similar to @Jrcrews79, I am not able to get my laser to connect to the LightBurn software. I just bought an Ortur Laser Master 2 and am running LightBurn through my Mac OS, 10.15.5 (latest version). When I plug the laser into the USB port, it connects to my computer just fine, but when I run LightBurn, it says “disconnected”. I’ve connected the laser manually a few different times, powered on and off the laser, but nothing seems to change. Under the ‘choose’ button for serial ports, I am not even given ports to choose from. Any thoughts would be appreciated! Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 12.56.21 PM

Did you get it working?

Sorry, but you are jumping in without telling us what firmware you are running nor what those settings are. Have you been able to connect and run the software that came with the laser? You may need to install the FTDI driver found at the end of the LightBurn installation. Did you load that driver?

It’s GRBL firmware, and the GRBL software that came with the laser is for Windows OS, so I can’t install it on my mac. I didn’t see anything about an FTDI driver?

Found the FTDI driver to install, and it is connected! Thanks, Rick. I’m a newbie to this all.

1 Like

Where did you find drivers?

Followed the directions on this link. Found FTDI drivers that run with my Mac’s operating system, and once installed I was able to connect my laser to Lightburn via the driver.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/windows---in-depth

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.