Laser unresponsive after first cut, now lightburn nonresponsive after first cut

I have had the problem of the laser becoming disconnected after making the first cut then making a change for a while. This is how it goes

setup cut in lightburn
cut
make adjustment in lightburn
reposition laser on table
laser is not connected, I have to restart the laser and reposition the laser to make the second cut. The laser returns to the previous position after restarting.

This is a problem that I have dealt with for at least a year or more.

Now Lightburn freezes up after the first cut and I have to close and restart lightburn and the laser to make a second cut.

windows 10
ruida controller
orion laser 60w
trcmag

This topic is still a problem. I cannot reconnect the laser after disconnecting. The devices button does not do anything. The machine is not paused in the middle of a job. I can still operate the laser ie. redoing the identical job by pushing the start button on the laser. I am only running a single copy of lightburn

How can I get support for this problem?

What is your connection? USB or ethernet?

Strongly recommend ethernet

usb
I don’t have ethernet on my computer. Would i get an adapter to go from usb to ethernet?

Beg pardon? What type of computer has no ethernet?

USB to ethernet would defeat the point. It brings back in the USB as the weak point- USB is slow and somewhat unreliable.

it only has one usb a, one usb c port. thats it. it has wifi lol its the apple way, but not an apple.

my laser cutter has usb a and ethernet.

I don’t have a speed issue. When i send it, it starts with little to no lag. It just gets disconnected somehow and i have to restart lightburn and the laser cutter to make any changes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.