Laser will frame reliably, but sometimes won't actually start the job

Hi. I have a weird issue. I’m not sure if it’s my computer, Lightburn, Lightburn Bridge, or my laser. I realize this sucks as a bug report, but I’m new, so please help me to gather the right info to troubleshoot. I’m also a software dev in my day job, so don’t be shy with the geek speak.

My setup:
Lightburn 1.0.04 on macOS Monterey 12.0.1, MBP 15" 2018, 32GB ram, Intel Core i9 2.9GHz 6-core
Connected from my laptop via wifi to Lightburn Bridge on a RPi 3 (1.0-RC4.img from 10/19/2021)
Lightburn Bridge is connected via ethernet to my laser’s RuiDa RDC6445 controller

My laser will always frame the job (using either frame buttons on the laser window).
Sometimes I can hit start and the job works as expected.
Sometimes, Lightburn will send the job, the stack light on the laser turns green, but the laser never fires or moves. Once it’s stuck, I usually have to hit stop in Lightburn and power cycle the laser and RPi. Sometimes it’ll get unstuck on its own if I hit stop, jog the laser head around or turn off & on the “laser enable”, then hit start again (or maybe that’s a placebo, I can’t be sure.)

When I connect the Mac’s USB directly to the laser controller, I have a bad case of the unreliable Mac USB issue - so bad that it usually even fails to box frame the job. It’ll do one, two, or three sides then stop and wherever it gave up becomes the new current location for the job. That was very frustrating, so I was thrilled to switch to Lightburn Bridge.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.