Lasertech LX90130 settings

Hello All,

I have just purchased a Lasertech LX90130. I am finding it difficult to find the right settings for materials. At the moment I am trying 6mm mdf. Any suggestions would be super.

Regards,
Emer

MDF can vary from batch to batch and with humidity.

A materials test is the best place to start with your engraver and your materials.

I googled the model number of your engraver but came up short on finding out the specifications on the tube. The length and diameter of a laser tube will accurately convey its designed power rating if there is any doubt or discrepancy in the documentation.

How many Watts under the hood?

Engrave or cut?

When I have new material, I pick something close and use that until I find the right combinations.

I realize you have a new machine…

I have a 50 watt China Blue…

Finding a cut speed/power… I draw a line and set a ‘ball park’ speed and power. I know it won’t cut at 50% so I will give it a shot at maybe 75% and a relatively slow speed of 10mm/s.

Cut a strip of material, the width of your line. Put it in the machine and see how it cuts.

If it goes 3/4 way through, lower the speed or up the power…

You can go into the Ruida control panel and change the speed/power until it cuts through.

As has been noted, it will probably vary across the plywood as what’s inside varies greatly.

Good luck

:smile_cat:

Thank you so much for your reply’s.

After many test cuts I got the mdf cut at 12mm/s at 80%. I can still clean it up but it fully cut through and I was delighted.

It’s a 150w machine. Going to try 6mm Baltic birch next and see how I get on.

1 Like

Air assist will greatly improve your cutting. If possible, I’d highly suggest it. I usually use about 30 psi for cutting wood/mdf.

Generally, I wipe my finger across the cut, some use a paper towel. The less ‘soot’ the better…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.