Layer settings not importing with new SVG files

I am importing an SVG file with 3 layers, each with different speed/power settings. For the last 2 days, when I import the file, the layers are coming in as different colors but the speed and power are all the exact same across all 3 layers. When I purchased the file initially and imported it, each layer imported with it’s own speed/power setting. I’m not sure what happened or what I did but now, nothing imports with the set layer settings, only what the default setting is for all layers in Lightburn.

I tried a few different troubleshooting tips I found in the forum and even deleting / re-downloading Lightburn but nothing is working. Screenshot below to show how the layers are importing.
Screen Shot 2023-05-01 at 3.49.16 PM

SVG files do not contain speed and power information. When imported, layers will either go to default settings or use your last used settings depending on how LightBurn is configured.

Well, that explains why I can’t figure out how to get it to work again - it never worked to begin with! Is that the case with other file types too - dxf, eps, ai, etc? I’m a newbie so still trying to figure everything out.

Yes. The only format that will retain those settings is a native LightBurn project format in .lbrn or .lbrn2.

The other formats you list are in basic ways of storing predominately vector image data.

Got it, thanks so much! Very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.