Leadin problem with open objects

Soooo, I don’t understand why I can’t apply Leadin and LeadOut setting to unclosed objects or lines. Unless I am missing something, I don’t seem to be able to make this happen. There seems to be some objects that I can’t "Edit Node"s on. They seem to be unclosed objects. I cut 3D model kits and would like to have breaks in the objects so when they are cut, they remain attached to sheet, but are easily knocked out. I don’t appear to have access to these objects with the “Set Shape Start Point” tool or only then endpoints. Is this working as intended? Am I missing something? Is there another way to do it? Closed objects seem to work just fine.

Please help
Gary

There is a ‘tab’ option in the cut layer for tabs to hold the part …

You have to have closed objects to use the leadin/leadout. The computer figures what is ‘inside’ and what isn’t…

I understand the issue as I sometimes cut items that it would be nice to be able to set a kerf, but you can’t without it being closed.

I’d have to see what you have for this… maybe someone else has had this issue. Did you make the shapes with Lightburn?

Cntr-z undoes an operation…

Good luck

:smile_cat:

got it. Thanks. I think I will have to join the objects and them make tabs. I’ll look for into this.

Sorry, forgot the link…

:smile_cat:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.