License not activating

Apologies if this is the wrong part of the forum.
I have a 10 simultanious users license in a school. I’ve pushed Lightburn through Intune to a group of student laptops. The software installs without issue. I’ve also pushed the .ini file with the laser config to all user’s profiles and to the default profile. All users get the correct laser config when they start Lightburn.
However, activation with the command C:\Program Files\LightBurn>LightBurn -l xxx doesn’t activate the software. I’ve tried it manually on a couple of devices, but each time I start Lightburn, I’m getting asked to enter the license key. It’s a bit of a problem since I push this to laptops, so I have no physical access to them. Also I don’t want students entering it themselves for obvious reasons.
Any tips on getting this to work?

You are fine, no apologies required, friend. Let’s start with reviewing the following and let us know how you progress.

Thank you for the super quick reply Rick. I’ve actually read that topic. It’s where I found the command to activate the floating license :slightly_smiling_face:
Must be a firewall issue. I’ll check the firewall on monday.

1 Like

Please do let us know. :slight_smile:

Found the cause. User error.
I first had the app deployed without serial. I then pushed it again with serial. Apparently the 2 machines with issues hadn’t received the updated version yet.
I then tested it on my own laptop, but I was on a trip, using the hotel wifi where they probably blocked all ports.
Back home the license works fine.
All good now. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.