License renewal - manual operation? Manual on my side, or manual on LightBurn side?

Hi,

I inadvertently let my license lapse, so I just renewed it.

The invoice noted that I would not get a new license key, and it is a manual update.

Is that a manual thing I have to do on my side within LightBurn or the License Port in some way? Or is the manual part handled by the LightBurn folks themselves? And I just need to be patient and wait for them to get to it?

Thanks!
-Brian

Have you tried entering your original licence key in the licence portal?

1 Like

It is manually processed by the LightBurn folks on their end, you just need to be patient and wait for them to complete things on their end and it to flow through the system.

1 Like

Ok, great. Thank you!

Yes, I checked, it just says it is expired. I think as @sutick said, I just need to wait.

Of note as well, is the very nice feature that if you renew BEFORE your license expires, LightBurn will give you an extra two months on your license. So, 14 months of updates for the price of 12 as noted on the renewal page:

Yes, I did notice while renewing the note that said something to the effect of “Software was released before license renewal, so you need to renew before using …”. So I assumed if I’d renewed before it expired, there were some benefits to that.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been using my laser lately - too many other projects and work. However, my wife just started a new hobby of resin casting - so I thought I’d make some small wooden cut-outs and engravings that she could embed in her resin castings for various things like coasters, necklaces, etc. I was going to surprise her today with a few things to test with … but I reckon I’ll have to wait until the manual process is complete. Not a big deal on the wait, I have plenty of other things to do. :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

As a side note, you can always download older versions that were released before your expiration and back-rev to get back up and running if you’ve already installed the update and can’t run. How do I find older versions of LightBurn?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.