License Upgrade + Renewal

Hello all,

I’ve been using Lightburn on my K40 for over a year now and love it. I just upgraded to a 60 watt red black laser and will being upgrading my license to the DSP version.

With the yearly license renewal plan, will the upgrade from gcode to DSP include a yearly renewal?

Excuse ignorance, but I thought the $40 was a one off fee, not an annual licence.

Am I wrong in my thinking?

The $40 upgrade is a one time fee. I am asking if that one time upgrade fee also includes a 1 year renewal on the license as described on the Lightburn site linked below.

How the LightBurn license works

The $40 lightburn license includes 1 year of updates.

You will still be able to use the version of lightburn you had for the rest of time.

I believe LightBurn are looking into the price for continued updates.

To clarify so that there are no misunderstandings:

You buy LightBurn for $40 gCode version or $80 DSP version, as of today’s prices.

The “timer” starts from the first time you put your key into the software. You get one year of updates from that date, although they got padded by an extra few months for early adopters as a sign of appreciation.

Getting the upgrade from gCode to DSP simply adds the additional DSP Devices to your existing license. It does not affect the “timer”. You are just paying the difference between the cost of the licenses.

No one should be out of time yet, although some might be getting close. The system and processes for renewals are in the works :slight_smile:

So to answer Wayne’s original question: no, an upgrade is completely separate from a renewal.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.