License wont let me use my Fiber Laser after new Update

Hello, after the update im not able to use my fiber laser. It says i need to add it to my license. But when i go to the license portal, i don’t know how to proceed. This is for my wisely 20w laser running on a Mac Mini with Montery

It appears that you have not yet added Galvo devices to your license key. It will need to be added to continue using Galvo features.

You can add Galvo to your existing license key here: LightBurn Software - Add Galvo devices to existing license key

This is likely due to a fix in our latest version of LightBurn - the previous version had a bug that allowed for Galvo devices to persist after the trial period ended - up to now you’ve enjoyed free use, but there is a license upgrade required to use these features.

I am having the same issue. Purchased license for the first time 10/04/2022 for use with my Galvo fiber laser after the trial ran out. Has worked fine until I just now ran the software update for version 1.2.04. Are you telling me that after spending $120 a month ago, I have to spend another $90 to keep using it because I ran a software update?

If you spent $120 you likely never got the Galvo license. You likely got the DSP license.

The Galvo license is $150. If you wanted both DSP and Galvo that’s $210.

It seems it was working for you in spite of that due to a bug that allowed it.

You can add Galvo to an existing license for $90.

If you paid $120 for the DSP verison of LightBurn, but don’t have a DSP laser you likely purchased the wrong key. The least expensive way to get Galvo features is a GCcode base License Key + the Galvo addon for $90.

As mentioned above, the previous version of LightBurn had a bug that allowed for Galvo devices to persist after the trial period ended - up to now you’ve enjoyed free use, but there is a license upgrade required to use these features.

Please email us at support@LightBurnSoftware.com if you do not need the DSP features on your key and we can get you sorted.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.