Light burn freezes with ORTUR LASER 2

Hi all!

I have an Ortur Laser 2 20w. I use lasergrbl all of the time, but when I try light burn, it freezes and has alarm 2. This is frustrating because light burn has so much more to offer. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I’ve changing devices multiple times. I can’t seem to get it to work. I’ve attached a YouTube link to my issue. Hopefully, you all can give me some advice.

Hi, i’ve used LaserGRBL before and the software get‘s stuck very often. So i’ve changed to Lightburn with my Ortur Laser Master 2. Use the reset button one time on your Ortur board, the failure will disappear. In my case, it worked fine. Also check the cables, even USB and check if the wheels are free. Choose another picture, maybe the text was not right entered.

1 Like

This is the code coming up.

Waiting for connection…

ok

Homing

ok

Starting stream

Layer C00

ALARM:2

On or near line 4:

Stream completed in 0:00

[MSG:Reset to continue]

I had an issue, because my focus lens hit the Ortur frame. I had to reassemble the laser stop/ homing switch :v:t3:

im getting the same issue. mine is also showin negative coordinates. offsetting doesnt seem to work either. did you have any luck fixing this??

Change the „Start from“ options in the right corner and restart LightBurn :blush:

You might have an offset set in your EEPROM (this happens if you choose X-carve or Shapeoko at any point during setup of lightburn)

Could you please. connect your machine
Once its ready - go to console tab. Enable Show all

Then type $# and press enter.
Can you post the output please?

I got it fixed. I kept $10=0 and rebooted the machine a few times. Also reloaded the 1.34 frimware. New issue though now laser wont fire ugh. I put in a ticket with ortur since its not firing in GRBLlaser either might be a bad unit since all the wiring is correct.
Good luck to you on this issue.
Check the limit switch wiring too. I read that could be an issue

Odd that $10 would change anything. Maybe @LightBurn could put some insight on why it would

However basicly installing 1.34 means you downgraded your firmware, 1.37 is current (although not any change besides version reporting)

The sequence of events seems odd, because i cant think of anything either that would - firmware wise - make the laser not fire.

Have you checked your voltages, if you have access to a multimeter?

Which email did you get in touch with to Ortur support?

As long as you have the green bar showing ‘Busy’, you’ll get no response of any kind from LightBurn. You need to reset the connection to the controller when you get an alarm by right-clicking the ‘Devices’ button to reconnect.

After doing so, and re-homing, type $# in the console and press enter - what does it report back?

1 Like

Well crap then…everything i saw said 1.34 needed to be installed.
Light burn and grbl never indicated a firmware version just said grbl 1.1 so I assumed Iwasnt up to date.
If you have a link to 1.37 id be ok restoring it.
I did $10=0 like 5 times and reset each time. So I dont know.
I actually have a support ticket going with gearbest which i bought it from. As since every other part is functiong correctly now it could be a hardware issue. Since i just got this on the 25th and the Fan turns on and it moves within parameters. Only thing not working is the laser.

You can use directly support@ortur3dprinter.com

Could you try the asked previously please?
and what Oz asked $# in console (enabling show all first)

connected, powered on and framed and tried to cut a square
I do not have a multi-meter handy at the moment.
also when I choose Get position it stays BUSY and the reset switch just powers it down

Waiting for connection…

Waiting for connection…

ok

Homing

ok

$#

$#

[G54:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G55:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G56:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G57:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G58:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G59:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G28:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G30:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[G92:0.000,0.000,0.000]

[TLO:0.000]

[PRB:0.000,0.000,0.000:0]

ok

Starting stream

G00 G17 G40 G21 G54

G90

G0X89Y224

G1X188S0F3000

G1Y309

G1X89

G1Y224

G0

G90

Stream completed in 0:00

Starting stream

G00 G17 G40 G21 G54

G90

M4

M8

G0X188Y224

Layer C00

G1X89S1000F3000

G1Y309

G1X188

G1Y224

M9

G1S0

M5

G90

M2

[MSG:Pgm End]

Stream completed in 0:09

No offset so thats good (G54 is empty)

so currently your movement - at least movement - is working ok?
But your laser is not firing correct?

We need to go through some hardware checks. You prefer here or via email?

either or works for me

Could you replicate the images on your machine, being as close in angle and zoom as possible as this reference?

Aditionally, when you perform a cut, what are your settings (speed/power)
At the top of the laser head, do you have a red and blue led turning on, and fan on?

Redlight and fan does turn on.
Speed:3000
Power max 100%
Power min0%

Ive also tried 80% power

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.