Lightburn Camera - Cannot Align, keeps crashing

I am trying to align my camera. I press the capture button and nothing happens. The software freezes and does nothing. I force quit and start Lightburn again and it crashes. I then start it again and try to align all over again and the same thing happens. I cannot get past the first capture. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Almost certainly you have the honeycomb bed visible. The honeycomb bed looks like a LOT of circles and basically hangs the software trying to sort them all out. (this is highlighted in the documentation)

Common mistakes and solutions:

The actual instructions: (notice where it says “Important” on this page and tells you to cover the honeycomb)
https://lightburnsoftware.github.io/NewDocs/UsingACamera.html#the-camera-lens-calibration-wizard

Thanks very much. It worked. I got the camera calibrated and aligned. However, I can see my material on the screen when I update my overlay. It is exactly where it is on the table. My words are perfectly centred. When I frame it, it frames about 2 inches below where it should be. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I have watched videos and I can’t figure it out.

I have a Mira 9. The settings are all a mystery to me. I cannot seem to figure them out. I can get the laser to engrave. But I have not been able to get it to cut through anything. It will cut half and leave the other half not cut. I tried 1/8 acrylic and I had to do about 9 passes (15 mm/sec and 85% power) to get it anywhere close to where I could punch it out.

I tried aligning my mirrors again but that doesn’t seem to help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

For anything hardware specific I would recommend contacting Aeon - they should have people able to support you in getting the settings figured out, and it does sound like you still have an alignment issue. You might have the beam hitting the nozzle, as that will reduce power output a great deal.

For the camera, make sure that the camera is not loose in the mount, and that the lid of the laser is opening to the exact same height as it was when you did the alignment. Any variation in camera position will affect it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.