Lightburn can't find my laser

I just upgraded my Gweike leetro controller to a Ruida 6442. I am now trying to get Lightburn to talk the laser. I have the usb cable plugged into the controller and into my computer. I even entered the ifo manually. Still no good.

Did you install the FTDI drivers when you installed LightBurn? Have you tried a different USB cable?

Make sure the cable is connected to the PC USB port, not the UDisk port, and Blake is spot on about the drivers. Re-run the LightBurn installer and it gives you the option to install the FTDI driver at the end.

Thanks Blake, I am not sure what the FTDI driver is installed or not. If I re-install Lightburn do I have to enter the activation code again? I tried to take my newer laptop out to the shop and try LightBurn on it but it said some about the activation number expired or was used to many times.

Thanks Oz, I am not sure what the FTDI driver is installed or not. If I re-install Lightburn do I have to enter the activation code again? I tried to take my newer laptop out to the shop and try LightBurn on it but it said some about the activation number expired or was used to many times.

You might not have to re-enter it, since it’s likely treated as an update. I’m speculating though. I do know the LB crew can add another chair to your license, or remove/reset them all, if you ask nicely.

Thanks, I sent this reply to Oz also.

You have ‘Bruce-HP’ and ‘Bruce-PC’ on your key now. I’ve bumped you to a 3rd seat so you can activate the other machine as well. You won’t need to re-enter the license key - the license info is stored apart from the app.

Oz, Thanks to all the support staff at Lightburn it is absolutely the best. I didn’t think I would need it. I deleted the key off of my shop computer and re-installed it. I never got asked about the xtra drivers. I couldn’t find my Ruida controller. I am running win 7 on that computer,
Then I decided to install LB on my laptop with new key. It never asked me about the new drivers. Then I saw something about an upgrade which I did. It was during this that it asked I wanted to install the new drivers. When I got all done it found the new controller with no problem.
It said it was connected, but I couldn’t move the laser from the LB software.
Thanks, and a happy prosperous New Year to the staff at LightBurn
One problem solved and just a few more to go

If you just finished a new install, you probably have a bunch of configuring to do. The controller will need to home itself on startup, which means configuring the limits and directions, and that can be a bit fussy to get right. You’ll also have to set up step lengths, accelerations, max speeds, and travel extents for each axis. This stuff is normally done by the companies that make the machines and install the controllers, and once they do it once, they just clone the settings for the rest.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.