Lightburn crashing on Mac when using Command key

This is a weird one… just using the Command key (Cmd+V, Cmd+X, etc) keyboard shortcuts for design interaction, and it’s crashing the software.

Tested using Lightburn 9.20 and 9.21 on Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7, and just designing, I’m not connected to the laser.

Anyone else?

See crash report here:

This is happening with both 9.20 and 9.21?

Yes - I can reproduce it under both versions. 9.21 crashes less predictably and less frequently.

We rolled back to 9.20 as the upgrade stopped working with USB with both our lasers.

Here’s the crash report for 9.21.

The 0.9.21 USB issue has been fixed.

The crash appears to be triggering in some kind of accessibility system in MacOS. Do you have anything like a screen reader, magnifier, mouse click highlighter, etc active on your systems? If you do, please let me know as I might need to enable whatever you have to see if I can reproduce this - it’s the first I’ve ever seen it.

Based on your suggestions we tracked down that the Hover Text in Accessibility settings was turned on.

Turned that off, updated to 9.21, and it’s solid.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the follow up - I’ll make a note to investigate that on my end. Sometimes in development builds, MacOS will say something like, “you need to request permission to use xxx so we’ve crashed your application to prevent it.” Awfully nice of them. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.