LightBurn detects the M2 Nano via SER2USB as GRBL-M3 ( 1.1 or earlier )

1. I installed the SER2USB cable ( SER at RS232 port of the computer ) and USB at the USB input of my Kehui KH-3020 Laser Engraver ( M2 Nano M2 laserboard ).
  2. I configured the SER2USB via HyperTerminal at 115K baud rate ).
  3. When I launched the LightBurn and when tried to detect my engraver, it dected: GRBL-M3 ( 1.1 or earlier ).

LightBurn does not work with the M2nano board. To be able to use LightBurn you would need to change the controller to something like the Cohesion3D.com Laserboard, which is a drop in replacement for the M2Nano board.

If as USB2USB it won’t work, but have you tried LightBurn via SER2USB? As USB device the M2 Nano M2 is detected as USB-EPP/I2C. Do you see the difference between USB2USB and the SER2USB connection?

As @Grumpy_Old_Man identifies, LightBurn does not support the stock M2nano board.

It does not support by your opinion only because technically is not possible, or because LightBurn wants people to buy Cohesion 3D laserboard for 200 USD?

Of course it’s technically possible, but it’s a very limited board and would require significant reverse engineering effort to support it. It’s closed hardware, so it would require you to purchase the $80 version of the software to use it, which costs more than the board itself. I can’t use any of the existing open source software as reference material or I would be required to open source LightBurn, and I won’t do that. Given that there are a number of usable alternatives (K40 Whisperer, Meerk4t, board swaps) it’s not something I felt was worth the effort at this time.

My Kehui KH-3020 is connected to phisical COM2 port via SER2USB. I do not use USB2USB.

It has nothing to with which type of serial connection you are using. LightBurn has not reverse engineered the communication protocol that the M2 uses. LightBurn has explained why they have not done so and stated that they are not going to do so. There’s nothing else to say here bud. Let it go.

The stuff connected via serial port are treated differently as the PC BIOS query the BIOS of the connected stuff by querying the connected stuff identification string via COM port.