Lightburn deutsche Hilfe

Hallo
da ich nichts auf Deutsch finde, frage ich mal nach.
Hilfe gibt es im Programm und als PDF, aber leider in Englisch.
Mein iMac ist ja so schlau und hat im Safari einen Translater, der, warum auch immer, nicht übersetzen kann. Genauso das PDF lässt sich nicht übersetzen.
ist das von Lightburn so gewollt ? es sprechen übrigens über 100 Millionen Menschen Deutsch
Aber vielleicht habe ich Glück und einer weis eine Lösung :wink:
danke
henryold

Hello
since I can’t find anything in German, I’ll ask.
Help is available in the program and as a PDF, but unfortunately in English.
My iMac is so smart and has a translator in Safari that, for whatever reason, cannot translate. Likewise, the PDF cannot be translated.
is that what Lightburn wanted? Incidentally, over 100 million people speak German
But maybe I’m lucky and someone knows a solution: wink:
thank you

LightBurn provides translated versions of the application including the tool-tips. Have you had a chance to look at that? We are currently in the process of a complete rewrite of the documentation and this will take some time.

LightBurn bietet übersetzte Versionen der Anwendung einschließlich der Tooltipps. Hattest du die Gelegenheit, dir das anzuschauen? Wir sind derzeit dabei, die Dokumentation komplett neu zu schreiben, und dies wird einige Zeit dauern.

Danke dir James Rick
ja habe das Programm am laufen, aber ohne Hilfe tue ich mir schwer.
Da ich nicht wirklich weis was ich da tue.
warum kann man Eure Webseite etc. nicht übersetzen lassen.
Schützen ist gut, aber mir geht das zu weit, sorry.
kann damit nicht arbeiten, also Geld zum Fenster raus geworfen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
henryold

Thank you James Rick
yes, the program is running, but without help I find it difficult.
Since I don’t really know what I’m doing.
why can’t you have your website etc. translated.
Protecting is good, but it goes too far for me, sorry.
can’t work with it, so throwing money out the window.

Best regards
henryold

What do you mean by “schützen ist gut …” ?, no one sticks to using a translator and if you could not figure out the program during the trial period I do not understand at all why you bought it.

Mit freundlichen Gruesse
Bernd

We do plan on providing translated documentation at some point, but our current focus has been on the development of the product, feature additions, and bug fixes - all while working to document LightBurn. We work in our native language so our first crack at any documentation will be in English, but you have options.

Google Translate can translate the entire LightBurnDocs PDF document in a single go, allowing you to then save for future reference.

Wir planen, irgendwann übersetzte Dokumentationen bereitzustellen, aber unser aktueller Fokus lag auf der Entwicklung des Produkts, Funktionserweiterungen und Fehlerkorrekturen - alles während der Arbeit an der Dokumentation von LightBurn. Wir arbeiten in unserer Muttersprache, sodass unser erster Riss bei jeder Dokumentation in Englisch sein wird, aber Sie haben Optionen.

Google Translate kann das gesamte LightBurnDocs-PDF-Dokument auf einmal übersetzen, sodass Sie es zur späteren Bezugnahme speichern können.

Have you looked at using Google Translate for your current needs? I even used google to find out how to use google. :wink:

Haben Sie sich überlegt, Google Translate für Ihre aktuellen Anforderungen zu verwenden? Ich habe sogar Google verwendet, um herauszufinden, wie man Google verwendet. :wink:

Hi Bernd

Mich interessiert halt die Technik :wink: trotz meinem Alter von 70 Jahren.
warum ich es gekauft habe?
hatte den Cutter im März 2020 bestellt und die Software getestet (off) , vor 3-4 Tagen kam der Cutter ganz überraschend und die Testphase war abgelaufen.
schützen ist gut, meinte damit warum kann Safari nicht die Webseite übersetzen?
wird von Lightburn unterbunden, habe mit Apple Support telefoniert die das bestätigten.
habe viel Hardware Plotter 3D Drucker usw , aber das noch nicht gehabt.
Nicht mal die Pdf die man runterladen kann ist mit PDF Programmen zu übersetzen ???
sowas ist für Käufer nicht fair.

I’m interested in technology: wink: despite my age of 70.
why i bought it?
had ordered the cutter in March 2020 and tested the software (off), 3-4 days ago the cutter came as a surprise and the test phase had expired.
protecting is good, meaning why can’t Safari translate the website?
is prevented by Lightburn, I called Apple Support who confirmed that.
I have a lot of hardware plotter 3D printers, but I haven’t had that yet.
Not even the pdf you can download can be translated with PDF programs ???
something like that is not fair for buyers.

Hello Heinz, there is something that is not working optimally with your computer / software. With me there are no problems with translating Lightburn help texts into Danish and I also use Mac OS Catalina and Safari and Google translator. I certainly do not want to be rude but the Lightburn team is doing everything they can to make the program better and better, which is why I was surprised that you react so categorically. For my part, if I was not as stable to the English language as I am after all, only for Lightburn alone would I learn the language. I hope you find a solution to your translation problem - Lightburn is worth it.
And, age is no obstacle, you are not that much older than me :wink:

@henryold, This is a completely false statement.

If you click the ‘Help’->‘PDF Document Link’, you will be taken directly to the file called ‘LightBurnDocs.pdf’ hosted on our google drive. There you have several options including ‘Download’.

I just used this exact procedure to show you how to translate the document or any document for that matter, using the Google Translate tools. Did you try that? I showed the results above. Are you not getting the same?

Dies ist eine völlig falsche Aussage. Wenn Sie auf “Hilfe” → “PDF-Dokumentlink” klicken, gelangen Sie direkt zu der Datei “LightBurnDocs.pdf”, die auf unserem Google-Laufwerk gehostet wird. Dort haben Sie mehrere Möglichkeiten, einschließlich “Download”.

Ich habe genau dieses Verfahren verwendet, um Ihnen zu zeigen, wie Sie das Dokument oder ein anderes Dokument mit den Google Translate-Tools übersetzen. Hast du das versucht? Ich habe die obigen Ergebnisse gezeigt. Bekommst du nicht das gleiche?

We also provide the same link from our website:

Wir bieten auch den gleichen Link von unserer Webseite:

More people speak English, heck even more speak Spanish, Russian or Arabic, Hindi …
Get used to it
Or
Gewönen sie doch dar an.

@Rob2 - Quite a few more people speak Chinese, but I’d be surprised to find that you know that language. Please don’t belittle someone for a language they don’t know. I’ll bet his English is better than my German.

@henryold - LightBurn is a very small team (only 4 people right now) and we do have plans to translate the documentation, but it is still being very actively written, and that makes translation a challenge, especially with all the screen shots from the application.

We are happy to help you here in your native language (through Google Translate) if you are having trouble finding something. Bernd and Rick are correct - Google Translate should be able to work with the documentation pages, and nothing there is specifically set to disable translation. We have also just added links to our new documentation that is still in progress, which might be easier to work with for you. Try here: LightBurn Software Documentation

@henryold - LightBurn ist ein sehr kleines Team (derzeit nur 4 Personen) und wir haben Pläne, die Dokumentation zu übersetzen, aber sie wird immer noch sehr aktiv geschrieben, und das macht die Übersetzung zu einer Herausforderung, insbesondere bei allen Screenshots aus dem Anwendung.

Wir helfen Ihnen gerne hier in Ihrer Muttersprache (über Google Translate), wenn Sie Probleme haben, etwas zu finden. Bernd und Rick haben Recht - Google Translate sollte in der Lage sein, mit den Dokumentationsseiten zu arbeiten, und nichts dort ist speziell darauf eingestellt, die Übersetzung zu deaktivieren. Wir haben auch gerade Links zu unserer neuen Dokumentation hinzugefügt, die noch in Bearbeitung ist und mit der Sie möglicherweise leichter arbeiten können. Versuchen Sie es hier: LightBurn Software Documentation

I did not mean disrespect, but the reality is that English is the most common language for technology documentation.
I had to learn French, German and Swedish to get around my world and never complained about things not being available in my own language…
I am not fluent in any of those languages but can definitely read tech manuals without a hitch.
What I meant to say it is worthwhile to become a world citizen and adopt English as the second language. It makes life so much easier, and costs so little to attain.
Cheers

I’ve been (very slowly) trying to learn Chinese for the same reasons, but man, it is not easy. If Henry is 70, he’s going to have a much harder time than someone younger, and some people just have an easier time with languages than others - I flip between programming languages quite easily at this point, but spoken and written is a whole different thing.

Anyway, just wanting to keep things civil here, and LightBurn is used by people all over the world in a variety of languages, so it is somewhat on us to support them - we have hired a professional translation service to translate the app itself, and when the documentation pace slows a little we’ll figure out what it costs to have them do that too. It’s not cheap.

1 Like

Hi Oz, I am not much younger than 70. Been in IT all my life. Ran Oracle EU efforts, porting and language support on Unix and PC’s In the 80’s.
Very aware of the cost associated with not only documentation but also double byte language support in both UI and storage.
However, I am humbly taking a step back as I really did not mean to offend anyone, it was a flare up from the past where the argument of the relatively small number of people who speak a specific language is used to hit me over the head to assign a disproportionate of my budget to their cause.
The 80’s are 40 years ago…
I rest my case, but apologize for any offense caused.
Kind regards

BTW, pretty cool piece of SW you developed at a pretty low price point. Just got my feet wet with a cheap Neje product and your Excellent SW.
After dealing with a lot of Mac OS X issues and the Neje kit. I got all working.
And now I shut up.
Regards

1 Like

But in the end if you cannot find it there are quite a few German speaking ppl here that may be able to help you ?

Hallo @henryold, wobei brauchst du Hilfe?

Hello @henryold, where do you need help?

Hi
Danke an alle die mit mir Geduld gezeigt haben.
Mein Cutter arbeitet jetzt dank Hilfe von 3D Druck Freunden, die mir jetzt Lightburn eingerichtet haben.
Es ist ein gutes durchgedachtes Prg :+1: .
War bissl ungeduldig sorry. Will/wollte keinen auf den Slip treten.
Gruß
henryold

Hi
Thanks to everyone who showed patience with me.
My cutter is now working thanks to the help of 3D printing friends who have now set up Lightburn for me.
It’s a well thought out Prg: +1:.
Bissl was impatient sorry. Will / didn’t want to step on the panties.
greeting
henryold

1 Like

Kein Problem. Ja, LB ist echt der Hammer. So ein Programm ist zum Verlieben. Schlicht und funktionell -ohne Schnickschnack.

No problem. Yes, LB is really awesome. Such a program is to fall in love with. Simple and functional - no frills.

Nice that you found a solution with the help of our fine forum, you are of course also welcome here.
But please try to send your messages through a translator, no matter how well it handles the task, everyone will understand it and be able to respond to it, try it :wink:

It’s ok - the admins here will usually do this after the fact so others can follow.

1 Like