Lightburn freezing from too many fonts?

I just installed about 300 new fonts on my laptop for a total of 354. Whenever I’m running LB and select a font from the drop down menu, LB freezes. Happens every time. I don’t think it’s my laptop, which is a new Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop with a Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050Ti card, Intel Core i5 12500H, 16GB Ram, 512 SSD.

Any ideas if this is a limitation in LB? Thanks for any advice!

You need a program to manage your fonts. Installing them directly takes up a huge amount of resources. I use High Logic Maintype. It loads your font instead of installing it, so programs “think” it’s installed.

Well, to give you a comparison I’ve got 1200 fonts installed (Iknow, I know - too many!) and don’t experience this problem in LB. My system is an 8 year old Dell Precision M6800 i7 with 32GB RAM. As @PoppaWoody says you can get font management programs which make fonts available without actually installing them. I’ve tried a few in the past but I think I liked FontBase the best.

1 Like

Let’s see…I have about 10,000 fonts on my laptop. (I have a problem ok? Lol) But if I install some it slows my system way down. Not sure why, but I’m sure it has to do with all the background processes running as well. My laptop is slowwww and it’s not that old. Ive tried FontBase. I cant even remember why I chose Maintype instead.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick answers all! Ill look into the font management programs.

Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.