Lightburn isn't recognizing my laser

I have downloaded all the software, installed the drivers. I even manually connected the laser to lightburn via the EZcad markcfg file. nothing. In the device box it says “disconnected” and at the bottom of the lightburn window it says “waiting for connection”. If I use “find my laser” nothing happens the window is blank like its not there. however, I can switch to EZcad and use the laser no problem. In windows device manager it says the driver is working properly, up to date and such. I don’t know what else to do to get it to connect lightburn to my omtech laser. LYF-50W - update ---- I fixed the issue. Apparently I had the machines driver installed through the ezcad2 software as instructed, also the lightburn drivers, however lightburn software has an additional driver software in a folder called ezcad2… so simple.

Did you to manually set it up in devices?

Yes. I downloaded all the software and drivers. Because the find my laser feature didn’t work I did a little research and found the way to do manually, load the plug file from the files provided by the manufacture. EZcad markcfg file.

Did you follow the Lightburn setup for fiber lasers?

The Lightburn and EZCad drivers are mutually exclusive.

:smile_cat:

If you roll your first post back, and reply to Jack, I can credit your efforts with the Solution mark. It helps others with similar hardware find answers and it gives us a chance to offer credit where credit is due.

I can’t apply the Solution mark to the first post in a thread.

update ---- I fixed the issue. Apparently I had the machines driver installed through the ezcad2 software as instructed, also the lightburn drivers, however lightburn software has an additional driver software in a folder called ezcad2… so simple.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.