LightBurn on Chromebook issues

I’ve seen all the other posts about this topic but it doesn’t seem to be working for me and I need to get this up and running. Just bought the Acer Chromebook Spin 311 with and Intel processor. I have the Linux stuff installed and I kept typing in what I’m supposed to and nothing is happening.

I really need a simple basic step by step (for a noob) instructions.

Thanks!

Chromebooks are not officially supported by LightBurn.

When you say ‘I kept typing in what I’m supposed to and nothing is happening’ I interpret that to mean that you’re typing keys on the keyboard, but the computer is not responding to them. That would be an issue with the computer, not with LightBurn.

Which version of Linux is installed? We don’t support every possible Linux flavor, because there are far too many of them. LightBurn is built with Ubuntu 16.04, and tested on 18.04 as well.

I’ve tried the solutions posted back from Sept 2019, Dec 2019 and July 2020.

I asked a completely different question than the one you just answered, so I’m not sure what to do with that other than suggest you may be perfect for a career in politics. :slight_smile:

Excuse me, I just paid for the software and I don’t expect to be trolled on a LightBurn forum.

This is an area that I’m a beginner with so I’d appreciate mature help.

I don’t think it’s a “version”, I enabled the Linux (Beta) in the chromebook settings and I have the LightBurn .run file in the Linux files folder. I then typed what I saw in the previously mentioned posts into the Linux Terminal and that’s where I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

I’m sorry, but I don’t have Chromebooks and they aren’t officially supported so you are in uncharted waters, at least officially. I was genuinely trying to help, but you didn’t answer the question I asked. I apologize if the response was unprofessional.

What is it you are typing? Are you trying to install the lib file ( sudo apt…) or are you trying to run the Lightburn installer? In Linux, it would be unusual to type in a command and have nothing happen. If you type in something that can’t run for some reason, would would usually get an error message.

OK, so here’s the thing. I messed up. I feel awful about it because I’m new to this type of stuff. I’m not an idiot, I’m a lead BIM MEP designer for my professional job and I should know better. I’m just not a “coding” person or understand that world at all.

I made the same mistake I make reading emails sometimes which is…I don’t read the rest of the email, or forum post in this situation.

I got it to work and it was so easy if I would’ve just continued reading.

I apologize to OZ from LightBurn, it was my mistake.

Credit again to…

It works on a Chromebook so far with no issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.